An Automatic Gate Singapore: The Necessity Of It
A gate is an essential commodity for any property, be it a residence or a commercial space. A gate protects the land. Installing the right gate means you get a higher measure of safety. It is why in Singapore most people opt for an automatic gate.
These gates come with a plethora of benefits, which make them popular and highly preferable. One advantage of an automatic gate is that you don’t have to get down from the car to open it. The gate opens automatically as a vehicle approaches it or with a push of a button inside the car! Another reason an automatic gate is necessary is that they password protect your property. Only those who are aware of the password can gain entry.
Factors To Consider When Buying Automatic Gates
Although automatic gates come with several merits, choosing them is not a simple task. There are a number of factors you have to consider before finalizing. In this post, we give you an outline of the aspects you should think over while buying an automatic gate in Singapore.
- The first decision is the type of automatic gates. While there are many, the two major categories are swing gates and slide gates. Swing gates, also known as hinged automatic gates, come with the restriction of space, which brings us to the second consideration.
- Consider how much space you have. The motor of the gates needs an area to be installed. Plus, the swinging arm of the gate also needs sufficient space to move in an arc. For example, 130 degrees is required for a ram arm type automatic gate. The articulated arm type gate requires about 90 to 120 degrees of space. If you opt for underground motors, then 110 degrees or 360 degrees will be necessary based on your choice.
- The third factor to think over is aesthetics, and it is most often a crucial one. The gate is the first impression of your property. For residential areas, it means giving a clean, polished and elegant look. A lot of automatic gates come with motors on the ground, which doesn’t have a lot of appeals. That said, some of them like the swing gates are excellent at hiding the motor behind the gates. You can even opt to have the motor installed below the ground level.
Weight, Ground, And Cost Of Automatic Gate In Singapore
There are some more factors that play an essential role in your decision to buy an automatic gate.
- The weight of the gate is a significant determinant because it is the key to the motor model. The motor of the gate you choose should be powerful enough to move the weight of your gate!
- Next, take a look at the ground where the gate will be placed. If it is not level, if it is soft, or made of loose gravel or dirt, then an automatic gate that installs a track on the ground is not the right option. In such a case, a cantilevered gate is the right choice.
- How much power supply is available is one more feature to ponder over. Generally, you will need a 24V or 230V socket to power the automatic gate. Most often, gates need a 200V outlet nearby to function correctly.
- The ultimate determinant to factor when buying an automatic gate in Singapore is the cost. It should fall within your set budget. The price of the gate will depend on the size, quality, design, material, and type.
Use this guide to find the right automatic gate for your commercial or residential property in Singapore!