Every person knows about step ladders and extensions. However, there are several kinds of ladders than these two types. If you are working as Cat Ladder Fabricators in Singapore, you should check the following buying guide.
Ladder buying guide for Cat Ladder Fabricators in Singapore
Selected the right ladder according to your usage is very important since it can help you to avoid various chances of deaths and accidental injuries that happen worldwide. There are different kinds of ladders designed for specific purpose and as per the safety factor. Some of the basic types of ladders are as follows:
Cat Ladder Fabricators in Singapore shares about different kinds of ladders
- Step Ladder: It is a famous model and easily available. It can be used for several things. A step ladder is self-supporting and you can take the ladder wherever you need. It comes with two steps or rugs which are spaced evenly with a cap that joins the two together. The step ladder can be used for climbing by either at sides or one side according to the step design. There are certain models where you can easily use one side. Such models are referred to as simple front-step ladders. The spreaders unit both and limit the distance each can move from the center. The bottom portions of the ladder are the shoes or feet.
- Extension: The disadvantage of the step ladder is the height. It is the reason extension ladders are used. It helps in accessing great heights and remains as the best option for painting house exterior projects or repairing the roof. The telescopic ladder is slightly different as it is flexible until the height you require. It consists of a fly and base. The base remains on the ground. The fly helps in accessing your reach by extending the height. An extension ladder is not self-supporting. The users have to lean against something so as to maintain in stable condition.
- Multipurpose: The combination of extension and step ladder is the multipurpose ladder. It is self-supporting and can also be placed against something stable. The multipurpose ladder can stand as scaffolding according to the product. It is mostly used by DIY handyman or contractors.
- Step Stool: It is handy especially when you want to clutch something from top rack in kitchen cabinet. There is no need to climb on counter when you have this step stool. The single-step version comes with an additional foot and other kinds include two or more steps with foldable features for simple storage. Some of the main benefits of step stools are convenience and cost.
Cat Ladder Fabricators in Singapore shares about various Ladder materials
- Aluminum: Most of the ladders are made up of this excellent material for numerous reasons. It is strong. It stays intact and keeps in control. The second main advantage is it is lightweight. It is also affordable. About half of the aluminum stools are recycled in Singapore. The only disadvantage of aluminum is it conduct electricity as it is a metal.
- Wood: Wood is also a popular and common choice. It has most of the benefits of aluminum. Wood is a cost-effective option and it is easily found in all hardware store retailer or home improvement shops. It conducts electricity and so it can be used safely where you want a better reach. The disadvantage of this product is the weight. It can weigh twice the weight of aluminum ladder. The next disadvantage is longevity. If you do not use it for a long time, it has chances for damage.
- Fiberglass: It is strong and withstands rough handling. It is durable and does not conduct electricity. It is expensive than other materials.
Other ladder materials to consider are steel and plastic ladders.
Things to consider when purchasing a ladder
Know your usage: It is necessary to purchase the ladder according to your requirement. Remember, the ladder should assist you and should not cause a hazard. A step ladder is an excellent option when you want to use for performing simple activities like painting. If you are using for outdoor purposes, buy extension ladder. If you are going to use only for a few days or weeks, you can rent a ladder instead of buying one.